Citation Issues

14.5 Author's Credentials, Degrees, or Honorifics

14.5 "...Record the author's relevant degrees or credentials, for evaluation purposes.  Relevant means relevant to the author's expertise on the subject she or he is writing about."  

For this citation -- how do I cite the author's credentials, degrees, or honorifics if they have since earned more to add to their F.A.S.G.?  Do I leave it to reflect the credentials at the time of the author's original publication date or update to reflect current credentials? 

Many thanks! 
Darcie 

Wikimedia citations/attribution

I maybe making a mountain out of a mole hill but, I want to use a map of the German Empire found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:German_Reich1.png

The part I am having some trouble with is the attribution portion of the copyright section and the share alike if I choose to modify the image. Would the attribution be placed under the image for example Map courtsey of .... with a citation to the web page or would the attribution be placed in the citation?

Need for Citations When Tables are Used

If data from the the census record for the family or household of John Smith is entered into a table, and a proper citation for the census record is attached to the table; the question is, when I subsquently refer to data in the table, do I need to add a citation for the census record - or can I refer the reader to the table?

Thanks,

Mike

Muster rolls ordered online from the NARA

I just got some muster and payroll documents from the War of 1812 today for one of my ancestors, John McKelvey and am trying to put together a first reference note.  I looked at the example in EE and read the principles.  The thing is that I ordered the CD of documents online and was not given any information like record groups or the data collection, I just got my CD and a cover sheet saying that the search had been performed successfully.  From my point of view this was functionally a web search that just happened to take a few weeks.  Based on what I had to know to place the order and th

Comparing two original and microfilmed Church Record sources

I am having issue regarding two sources which cannot be both true.

They both have records from Original Church Record Books, microfilmed inLocal Historical Archives of my birth town.

The first one is from Baptism Parish Church Record Book, which I cite as:

St. Nikola's Church (Jezevica, Cacak): "Baptism Record Book 1864-1875," p. 142, no. 6, Delic Drinka Ljubomir baptism (1875), microfilm 10, frame Scan 00154; Historical Archives, Cacak.

Comparing two original and microfilmed Church Record sources

I am having issue regarding two sources which cannot be both true.

They both have records from Original Church Record Books, microfilmed inLocal Historical Archives of my birth town.

The first one is from Baptism Parish Church Record Book, which I cite as:

St. Nikola's Church (Jezevica, Cacak): "Baptism Record Book 1864-1875," p. 142, no. 6, Delic Drinka Ljubomir baptism (1875), microfilm 10, frame Scan 00154; Historical Archives, Cacak.

Sourcing Multiple Types of Records Found in a Single Parish Register

Hello,

I am looking for help with a particular Parish Register that seems to fit into multiple models:

Church Books: Named Volumes Held Off-Site, and
Derivatives – Church Record Book, Recopied, and
(maybe something else)

I think the pertinent background information is as follows:

·         Pettigrew’s Chapel was formed about 1799 and continued to actively exist until

·         It was consecrated as an Episcopal Church named St. David’s Church in 1857

·         Although the church still officially exists, it is no longer active

Sourcing digital archival images of Church Birth, Death and Marriage Records

Hello all,

this is my first post to this forum so don't mind if something goes wrong way.

I have some issue about citing and sourcing microfilms of church records. Those records are from period between 1850 and 1890, and after WW II local parishes had to give away their Record and Certificate books to State and Local governemts, mainly to Local Archives. I went to Local Archives in my birth town past weekend and had an opportunity to watch microfilmed digital images of those records

City Directories

EE 12.56 talks about citing multiple years for City Directories. I am citing multiple city directories for Philadelphia. The years are from 1879-1891. The title of the directories include a year for example: Gopsill's Philadelphia City Directory for 1887. Would it be appropriate to cite the title as Gopsill's Philadelphia City Directory for [Year] or using Gopsill's Philadelphia City Directory for ...[year]?

Ann Gilchrest