Citation Issues

Pondering over EE 9.6 Online Images

The example found at page 439 of EE (2007):

Indiana. Vigo County. Marriage Licenses, 1923.  Digital images. Vigo County Public Library, Vigo County Marriage Record Project. http://marriage.vigo.lib.in.us/marriage/ : 2007.

does not state where the originals of the marriage licenses are located.

My first thought was that perhaps the website did not state where the records are kept, but the website indicates that the marriage licenses are at the Clerk of the Circuit Court in Vigo County.

Fair Use

A question has come up about Fair Use and in this particular situation it is specifically related to Evidence Explained. Clarification would be greatly appreciated (as well as your permission to use the requested information).  Someone is looking for information on how to correctly cite blog posts and tweets.  She intends to purchase a copy of Evidence Explained, but at this time cannot afford it.  I own a copy and have found the information that she is looking for on pages 811 - 812.

GenealogyBank

When citing an obituary from GenealogyBank.com do I cite it as a transcription or archive? And where in the citation does the word transcription or archive go? It's not a digital image of the newspaper. Does the page number go after the name of the newspaper or do I need to add "citing original page A-14" to the end. On subsequent notes, since there is no author do I just use "Eugene J. Shiell," obituary or do I need to add more info?

Abbreviations

A source refers to "G.R.3", which is defined at another part of the source in a list of abbreviations to mean "grave record, Mount Auburn Cemetery."  Should my reference note for the source conclude by saying "citing 'G.R.3' ['grave record, Mount Auburn Cemetery']" or by simply saying "citing 'grave record, Mount Auburn Cemetery'".  Or is there a third, better alternative?  Is there a need to give the location where the list of abbreviations is?

Volume titles

I've found a book that is in two volumes with the same title except that the first concludes with "Volume 1. Births" and the second concludes with "Volume 2. Marriages and Deaths."  My thought is that the extra words are not part of the title and that I should not include the extra words in the citation.  Do you agree?

New citation references 1921 Canada census

I have recently researched in the indexed 1921 Canada census at Ancestry.com and note that film numbers are not part of the citations. Instead, RG 31 and a folder number are cited. I have seen this in four citations so far.

If this is the case, the new citation reference details for the 1921 Canada census might need to be included in a future reprinting of EE.