Citation Issues

1841 British Census

I need some help with my citation for the 1841 England census. EE  page 303 shows an example for the 1841 census.

This is my start for my  citation;

1841 census of England, Warwickshire, [city],  [parish], folio 6, lines 5-15, William Vero household; digital image  Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com  :  accessed 24 September 2004); citing PRO HO  107/1127/10

Self-Published Works

This is like asking, "I know it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck; but is it really a duck?"

I am trying to figure out the citation for The Source: A Guidebook of American Genealogy.  It certainly seems to follow the pattern for a self-published work.  But I general think of these as books that are published by a person; with only one publication and a relatively some production.

New source for me...need to know how to cite

I found a record for grooms married in the commonweath of Pennsylvania from 1885 to 1889 at http://www.phmc.state.pa.us/bah/dam/rg/di/r14-25RecordMarriages/r14-25-K-GroomInterface.htm The record that I am using is on page 16.  I have no idea how to cite this source.  Any help would be great!

Thank you

Shannon

Date Format

In my genealogy I use the day/month/year format, spelling out the month. I am working on some citations for newspaper microfilm. The microfilm does not have roll numbers they are labeled by a short version of the newspaper title followed by a date span. For example the microfilm has the following:

"Chaska VALLEY HERALD Jan 3, 1878-Sep 11, 1879"

The newspaper title is: The Weekly Valley Herald

In my citation I have removed the capitalization from the microfilm title. My question is should I reformat the dates for consistency or leave them as written?

Newspaper Articles

In Evidence Explained! I see how to Cite a newspaper article in the Print form and the Online form. I have run across an issue where the Newspaper in question is on Microfilm. I understand that there are Microfilm templates and that is an option, but am wondering which would be the best to use. I like the Newspaper Name format, for either the Printed or the Online form of article.

Thank you,

Russ

Artifacts, Private Holdings, "Legal Document Unrecorded Family Copy"

I hold such things as:  birth, marriage, death certificates;  military personnel documents;  and divorce filings.  I consider these as original sources and as "unrecorded family copies," even though in most cases there is a filed copy and I know where it is filed and could probably get access (a photocopy).    I have 3 questions:  1) am I correct to consider such items as "legal documents unrecorded family copies"? 2) when I cite them, should I also cite where they are filed officially, if known?

Copies of loose Bible pages from a family file

I am looking at some photographs of photographs of loose bible pages. The original photographs were donated to the John Fox, Jr. Genealogical Library, in Pairs Kentucky and can be found in the Jackson Family File.

Looking at the citations for a family file and loose bible records. I have come up with the following for the beginning of the citation my plan is to follow this with a description of the pages.

State Birth Certificate filed at local court house

Vital record certificate has State of Illinos, Illinois Dept of Health, Division of Vital Records at the top of the certificate, but the certificate is stamped County Clerk's Record and is housed at a local county clerk's office where the event took place (death, birth) Is this considered a State Record or a Local Record for citation purposes? I am referring to citation information on pages 466-467.