Citation Issues

Citing online church databse

I would like to reference some of the information found on the following website, specifically the "Confirmands of Swedlanda Luthern" which is listed under Swedlanda's Confirmation Classes at http://www.lutheransonline.com/servlet/lo_ProcServ/dbpage=page&mode=display&gid=20053335185829224201111555&pg=20053347146633498501111555    If I am on the right track, I think this would fall under sec 7.27 of EE, pg

Unnumbered lines

In working with the 1790 census for New York specifically Argyle, Washington County. There are not line numbers listed on the page. I would like to list a line number in my citation, but this would be a counted number as opposed to a number actually on the page. In  EE there are examples of unpaginated 10th page for when you are counting the pages. Would the phrase "unnumbered 10th line" tell someone that you counted the lines?  

Thanks

Ann

Multiple sources and records

I am not sure how to cite the following portion of a report I am working on. I found the following indexed information at 3 different websites,  (the same 5 deaths).  Familysearch.org credits Ancestry.com for the index at their website.

Do I. . .

1. Reference all three websites and if I do- put it all in the same citation?

Citing Canadian Land Grant Petition

This maybe a case of too much information! I am trying to cite some petitions for land grants. I used the FHL microfilm 1630725

The FHL catalogue listing is as follows:

title: Petitions for land grants and leases, 1791-1967

authors: Upper Canada. Executive Council

roll information: C-2739 Perth Military Settlement, no. 13-29 1819-1825 Perth misc., petitions no. 1-14 1798-1820 Perth Military Settlement, petitions no. 30-77 1820-1825 Vol. 422, bundle Q-1 -- bundle Q-22 Vol. 422A, bundle Q-1 - Q-6, petition no. 4 1792-1852

Citing a State Notification of Birth

I've been puzzling this source for some time and hope for input on this topic. The Notification of Birth Record notice that many of us have in our source collection was sent out by the Bureau of the Census and by individual states. These documents look official and give the birth registration number, but they are not an Official Certificate. How to cite?

FTM Citations & EE

After reading the first two chapters of EE again, I am now more confused by FTM's source citations, even though they are based upon EE. Am I correct in thinking that the FTM Source citation detail is the same as Source List Entry and that the FTM Source citation text is the First Full Reference Note?  I am having trouble with the entry fields on FTM and correlating them to get the appropriate citations according to EE. I was getting some elements correct, but missing others entirely. How do I add the phrase "accessed 24 Jun 2012" to be included within parentheses after the URL?

Ancestry's US Obituary Collection

I am curious about citing Ancestry's Obituary Collection. Currently I am citing obituaries from this collection as an online database and when available image. For example:

United States Obituary Collection, database and image, Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 23 June 2012), "Carol Anne Ice,", obituary, Kansas City Star (Missouri), 10 March 2011.

Since some of the links in this collection take you to an image of the newspaper, could you cite this similar to a newspaper citation? Something like:

Citing transcribed records

Hello,

Although I've always prided myself on documenting my sources, your book introduced me to a whole new level of detail in citations. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge.

Even though your book has great and inspiring examples, I find myself struggling with citing transcribed records. I'm lucky enough to have ancestors from an area where a lot of genealogists have dedicated their time to transcribe or photograph records and provide free online access to their work.

How does one eat an elephant (or digest an 885-page book)?

ForceTrainer has raised an ever-timely issue.  Opening up an 885-page book can trigger an image of the old cliché: How does one eat an elephant?  The best way to take that proverbial "one bite at a time," where EE is concerned, would be this:

1. Read the first two chapters. Reread them. Learn them. These are the basic principles that apply to almost everything. Knowing these principles will serve you well through all your research and citation issues.

Find A Grave

I've often wondered if I am citing images from Find A Grave correctly. Here is an example:

Findagrave.com, database and images (http://findagrave.com : accessed 14 March 2011), entry for Claudia J. Esselstyn (1861 - 1862), Find A Grave Memorial #7,407,189, Aztalan Cemetery, Milford, Jefferson, Wisconsin. 

Link: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7407189

Questions: